Today’s task bears some flexibility (even more than the others), allowing creativity as days go on. With an errand-packed schedule today, I flexed toward the lighter side of each task. (As a side note, why must it take 90 minutes to get the kids dressed and out the door?!)
On the fourth day of Christmas cleaning, here’s what I got done:
Four containers filled and/or emptied – Two packages arrived today, which were opened (emptied) and contents were placed beneath the Christmas tree. Also put away a load of laundry and filled a small box for a Christmas present. Ideally, this task will get “heavier” as time goes on, but today was intentionally light.
Two floors put off until tomorrow – and not a hint of guilt!
As a bonus note, today was a real test of commitment:
- The two-year-old hiding in the closet every time I tried to put her coat on
- Near-emergency trying to get to the bathroom
- News of the Connecticut elementary shooting (that was a big emotional whammy, and my heart goes out to those families impacted)
- Following up with people for tomorrow’s birthday party
- Finger paint all over the two-year-old, her clothes, and the carpet.
- Laundry (washing the birthday outfit)
(Can you blame me for passing on the floors today?)